Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
About Nehru Zoological Park
Nehru Zoological Park is 9 kms away from Koti (Hyderabad) the biggest
zoological park in India spread over 300 acres of the lush green forest with
animals living. It is an abode for about 2500 species, where 2450 animals and
birds are housed in natural environment. Some of the impressive sights of the
zoo are the lion safari park, the first in Asia, prehistoric animals park, the
nocturnal animal house, the tiger safari park, children’s park with a train ride
and elephant ride. It is located in Old city, near Near Puranapool.
- Primates: Chimpanzee, Mandrill, Orangutan, Sacred, Chacme, Moustache and
skyes guneo, Diana, Mona, Debrazza, Vervet, Squirrel, Monkeys, Capuchin,
Rhesus, Bonnets, Lion Tailed and Pig Tailed Monkeys, Langurs etc.
- Carnivores: The lions (both African and Indian), Tigers, Wolves,
Jackals, Foxes, Hyaena, Bear etc.
- Herbivores: Elephants, Rhinoceros, Hippopotamus, Zebras, American bison,
Antelopes, Black buck, Chousingha , Chinkara, Deer, Sambhar, Brow Antler
- Birds: Peacock, Golden and Silver Khaliz, Cheer, Spur Fowls, Patridges,
Quails, Rosy Pelicans, Flamingoes, Sarus Cranes, Demoiselle Cranes, Ducks,
Geese, Parrots, Love birds etc.
- Reptiles: Giant tortoises, Fresh Water Turtles, Gharials, Muggers,
Monitor Lizards, Chameleons, King Cobra, Russels Viper, Giant Rock Pythons.
Entrance Fee at Nehru Zoological Park
Adults Rs.5 Children Rs.2
Entry Fee for Lions Safari at Nehru Zoological Park
- Adults Rs.8
- Children Rs.4
Battery Mini train drive available Fee
- Adults Rs.10
- Children Rs.5 (Timings 3pm to 5pm)
Best time to visit Nehru Zoological Park
Timings of the Nehru Zoological Park
- April to June – 8 am to 5.30 pm
- July to March—8.30 a.m to 5.00 p.m.
How to reach Nehru Zoological Park?
- HYDERABAD CITY LOCAL: City buses availiable from Koti, Secunderabad and
Nampally. Bus Route No.7Z Secunderabd - Zoo Park ( Route:
Patny, Paradise, Ranigunj, Tank Bund, Secretariat, Nampally, Mozamjahi
Market, Afzalgunj, High Court, Puranapul, Zoo Park).
- Other Route Nos. available Zoo - Secunderabad
- From Koti-Zoo park: 94, 95.
- Rail: Nampally railway station.
- Air: Hyderabad Airport