Museums of Andhra Pradesh
Salar Jung Museum
The Salar Jung Museum, an Institution of national importance, which came into
being on 16th December 1951, is a repository of Global Art collections. Named
after the erstwhile noble family of, the Salar Jungs, the collectors of this
treasure trove, the major portion of the Museum’s collection was acquired by Mir
Yousuf Ali Khan popularly known as Salar Jung-III (13th June 1889 - 2nd March
1949). The monogram adopted by him "My Trust is in God" amply proclaim his
The collection of the Museum consists of Indian Art, Far Eastern and European
Art. Apart from this this is a gallery devoted to the illustrious Salar Jung
Family, the Children's Section, a rich reference Library, Reading Room and a
rare Manuscripts section with Arabic, Urdu, Persian Manuscripts which makes this
museum a place of education and enjoyment for people from all walks of life.
- 10 am to 5pm, on all days except Friday and notified public holidays.
- Adult Rs.5, Students, Children (Below 12 years) Rs.2.
- Cultural Film shows on the Afternoon of all Saturday and Sunday.
How to reach
- HYDERABAD CITY Bus : Route No.7 Secunderabad - Afzalgunj (Route: Patny,
Paradise, James Street, Ranigunj, DBR Mills, Tank Bund, Liberty, Basheerbagh,
Nizam College, Abids, Bank Street, Koti, Central Bus Station).
- From Afzalgunj it is walk able distance to Museum.
- Other Route No’s available from Secunderabad - Afzalgunj: 1, 2C, 2J, 8,