Constructing a dam on the river Musi in the year 1920 by H.E.H. Mir Osman Ali
Khan, planned by Bharath Ratna Sir. Mokshagundam Visweswarayya for the water
supply to Hyderabad city, formed this beautiful lake. The catchments area of the
lake is 46 sq.km. It is the main drinking water source for the twin cities of
Hyderabad and Secunderabad. The place offers an excellent picnic spot with
well-laid gardens. It is popularly known as Gandipet. Andhra Pradesh Tourism has
a guesthouse called "Sagar Mahal", which was the summer resort of the then Nizam.
It has 5 double rooms with the adjoining ‘Vishranthi’ guesthouse providing 6
double rooms. 20 km’s away from the city. On the way to Gandipet, you can visit
two theme amusement parks for kids, Elles World and Ocean Park. While Elles
World, the first park of its kind, offers several fun rides for kids, Ocean Park
has attractions like a kiddies pool, a 60-ft high ride, the Slam Bomb, bumping
cars and dry rides for people of all ages. Entry into the park, at Rs. 100 per
person, is expensive, though.
- Guest House: Sagar Mahal, Gandipet, Tel : 040 92333864
- Tariff : A/C Suite - Rs.500, Deluxe A/C - Rs.400, A/C - Rs.300
How to reach?
- HYDERABAD CITY Bus: Route No.5 - Secunderabad-Mehdipatnam (Route: Patny,
Paradise, Ranigunj, Tankbund, Lakdikapul, Golconda Hotel, S.D.Eye Hospital,
- Other Route Nos.Available up to Mehdipatnam: 5C, 5K, 5L, 5M, 5S, 5T, 5R.
- From Mehdipatnam there are several shuttle services provided by APSRTC.
Route Nos. From Mehidipatnam to Osmansagar: Bus No 120 (Covering Areas -
Lungarhouz, Imbrahiimbagh, Osmansagar)