My-Telugu.Com

Forums Home Tree View Login Search Latest 1 Day Messages Latest 1 week Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Rajahmundry to Bhadrachalam through river godavari

My-Telugu.Com: Andhrapradesh Forum: Travel and Tourism: Rajahmundry to Bhadrachalam through river godavari

By padma priya on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 01:19 pm: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

I would like to know information about journey to bhadrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. Any launchi is available with all facilities. How many days it will take to reach badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.

Pls. give reply to my personal mail id.

Thanking you
padma priya

By sureshkumar on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 01:20 pm: Edit Post

is there any boats from rjy to papikondalu if it is there what is the time table and what's the cost of ticket

By Jaya Prakash Manne on Friday, September 21, 2007 - 10:16 pm: Edit Post

Please Tell me the Time , Process of booking a ticket from Rajahmundry to Badrachalam by Boat on Godavari River and also Please tell me the contact numbers to book the Tickets

Thanks in Advance.

By lokesh karanam on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 05:29 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

I would like to know information about journey to bhadrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. Any launchi is available with all facilities. How many days it will take to reach badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.

regards,

lokesh karanam

By raghunath on Friday, October 26, 2007 - 12:19 am: Edit Post

Hi
I would like to know information about journey to
Papikondulu from rajahmundray and time taken for that through launch. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. Any launchi is available with all facilities. How many days it will take through launchi.

By Anonymous on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:08 pm: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

Thanking you
s.g.tata

By vsdsri on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:05 pm: Edit Post

hi padma, I tried doing the day trip from Rajahmundry to Bhadrachalam & back about six weeks ago. AP tourism has a package but I'm fairly sure you can do it independently (there are local ferries around Rajahmundry for sure). The trip involves breaks at several temples & scenic points, there are tribal areas around Papikondalu too. I think it cost Rs400.
The launch site at the time was about an hour upstream from Raj due to low water & the AP guy had to give me a lift there on his bike. When we arrived I was told that the tour was off as a party of 40 had cancelled the previous night but that I could go on another boat that same day & return the following day. I was too pissed off to go by that point, but I really regret not having done it. Even from the launch point the river was narrowing & the hills were beginning to show.
I wouldn't think you'd have a problem making the trip during monsoon, the river with be higher & more navigable at that time, probably more scenic too. I would suggest though, that you begin in Rajahmundry as it should be easier to arrange from there & the more attractive areas would then be towards the end of the trip. Be prepared for delays.
Best of luck!

By vsdsri on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:06 pm: Edit Post

hi friends, THIS IS SRIDHAR...
Firstly there are no steamers on the Godavari.
Neither Steam engines nor steam whatevers.
There are only Dieselers.
Now I wish some one could introduce some steamers.. can make things more interesting...
Any way steamers sounds(and looks) better so let me continue using it. I will use the term steamers for the regular transport that is used by the villagers to transport themselves and cargo @Rs100/-.

Cruise for the luxury boats, thats normally used by the town folk. ABout Rs500/head. They play loud, jarring music. Prefarable for folks used to comfort.

I prefer the steamers; prefarbally with good silencers; except wehn its too crowdy. this happens during long holidays, impt festival at Bhadrachalam(like Sri Ramanavami)

Secondly, there are no steamers/cruises that go all the way through.

There are pristine villages through this route and if you venture out into these villages you can come across different ancient tribes and if lucky see their traditional dances.
If you do some trekking(I have not done this) you could see some good waterfalls in the Papikonda ranges in the Monsoon.

But most probably you could just cruise through the river. Thats enthralling enough. All year round is cruising season. Except may be May month when steamers/cruises may stop temp due to low water depth/ steamer maintance.

The monsoon months are fine too UNLESS there are actual floods.
In the case of a flood, the steamers are used by the Govt to supply food and medicines to the affected villages. This is VERY
RARE.

During this season, the hills are green, the water red, gushing and full of mountainous minerals(perfectly drinkable even though it looks muddy) and if the rains are in season, you get a feeling of being in Kailash, with the clouds covering the tops of the hills. You may not do much/any swimming. You can see a couple of tiny waterfalls in the distance.

The winter months are cool, and the water crystal clear and sweet as nectar. You can swim around in some places which look more like sand beaches. DO check with the locals before venturing in to the river for there can be deep pools.

Summer time is exciting...the heat .. the sweat; if you can bear it.

The best part is when you jump of into the river for a holy, chilling dip.
Nothing more thrilling and enjoyable.

During the summer the Steamer(from Rajahmundry) stops much before its actual destination due to shortage in water. It stops near a tribal village called Koydha. The streamer is now empty except for the crew and starts back the next day morning. In the night it anchors in the middle of the river to avoid any wild animals boarding free :-)

There is nothing in this world like a night spent on the steamers roof top in the Summer after a long hot day and lazing off in the water and good hot spicy dinner either cooked by the crew(you give them a few bucks for the dinner) or eaten in the village.
Cool breeze wafts around, the water waves splash on the boat and(if you are there wehn the moon is full/nearfull) the river looks like running silver and ...well its literally an out of earth experience. I'am not a good enough poet/writer to describe it better.
There is not a hint of man made light. Only heavenly moonlight and the sounds of nature.. strange night birds singing away to glory..If you smoke, then smoke the Chutta(native cigar) which is much more satisfying in this scenario/condition. If you drink, Don't drink and spoil the natural feeling of bliss. Besides you will want to be in your senses.
DON'T play artificial music and shut out the divine music. Besides you wouldn't want to advertise yourself.

Soon you will doze off...

other places of stay if interested:
a) Kollur(at Kaigala Satyanarayana's place)
b) Parentapally(I heard that govt has constructed cottages.. need to verify)
c) APSTDC guest house at koruturu village just at the entrace of the Papikondalu.

There are two ways to travel. Upstream or downstream.

1. Rajamundry to Bhadrachalam(boat upto Kunnavaram):
------------------------------
Either by steamers or cruises.
Steamers are bi-weekly. I think Monday and Thursday nights(in the good old times, they were by the hour every day).
They leave at about 2am(night) and reach Kunnavaram at about 4pm next day. From there it is 50kms(about 1.5 to 2 hrs) to the temple town of Bhadrachalam by Bus.
Charge: ~ Rs100/- including Lunch.

Cruises I think run everyday; either from Rajahmundry or Pollavaram(or even pattisema??). From Rajahmundry, they start at about 6am, go to Pattiseema, Papi kondalu and upto Parentapalli; halt for some time there and then get back by late evening. They stop for lunch at the APSTDC guest house at Koruturu.
Charge: ~ Rs500/-

2. KOnnavaram to Parentapalli..
Boats run from Kunnavaram to Parentapalli and back.
Refer to this:
http://khammam.ap.nic.in/html/touris...ntalapalli.htm

By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 09:21 am: Edit Post

i want to make a trip from rjdy to bhadrachalamin a launchi . please inform the timings and charges to my E-mail id.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 04:45 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

Thanking you
Girish Kumar

bscpl_girishkumarmanusani@yahoo.co.in

By Anonymous on Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 03:29 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

Thanking you
Mukthar

By Anonymous on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 02:33 pm: Edit Post

DID ANYBODY SEEN GODAVARI TELUGU FILM.ITS REALLY SUPER .CREAED INTRESTE AND ZEEL IN ME TO TRAVEL CRUISE BOAT FROMM RAJAMUNDARY TO BADRACHALAM.THANKS TO DIRECTOR HE HAS SHOWN UN SEEN BEAUTY AT OUR GOADAVARI.WE NATIVE OF GOADAVARI DISTRICTS STAYS AT CITIES AND NOT MUCH KNOWN ABOUT THE NATURAL BEAUTY.

I LOVE KONASEEMA.LET PREASERVE IT FOR THE FUTURE GENERATION.

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 02:23 pm: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

Thanking you
k.m.guptha

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 02:42 pm: Edit Post

Please Tell me the Time , Process of booking a ticket from Rajahmundry to Badrachalam by Boat on Godavari River and also Please tell me the contact numbers to book the Tickets Pls. give reply to my personal mail id.

Thanking you

By K.C.SHIVA PRASAD on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 04:49 am: Edit Post

Please visit www.irctc.co.in for railway rour packages from Hyderabad. You will find the tour from Hyderabad - Rajahmundry - Bhadrachalam - Dwaraka Tirumala - Rajamundry - Hyderabad tour. From Rajamundry to Papikondalu you will be travelling in Launchi. Rest all will be in Non A/c bus

By amil on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 04:21 am: Edit Post

it is a different place. I have been planning for this trip for more than 3 years. At last we two (me and my husband) got a perfect time on this September 2008. we travel by cruise on river Godvari to papikondalu. We planned our starting point as Pattiseema. actually we did not have any full structure about this place. pearl (www.pearlsindiatour.com) do the all arrangements.so amny beautiful places is there like Maredumilli, Seethapalli, Tekuru, Konaseema

By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 02:02 am: Edit Post

Please Tell me the Time , Process of booking a ticket from Rajahmundry to Badrachalam by Boat on Godavari River and also Please tell me the contact numbers to book the Tickets Pls. give reply to my personal mail id.

Thanking you

By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 04:37 am: Edit Post

I would like to know information about journey to rajahmundry from badrachalam through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. Any launchi is available with all facilities. How many days it will take to reach badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.

Thanking you

By muralidhar behera on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 08:16 pm: Edit Post

i m interested to go on a dieseler i.e a boat drive from rajamundry to bhadrachalam. is there any facility available now during the second week of january 2009 ? what r the charges for the travel? i would like to know the reply as soon as possible. thanking u.

By bsrichandra on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:25 pm: Edit Post

Hai,
I am from hyderabad. I've never been to badrachalam before... i want to know the nearest road way from hyderabad to badrachalam or rajhamundry .. i want to see papikondalu even.. can anybody help me out

By prasanthi on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 04:30 am: Edit Post

hi i am vizag.
i would like to know information about journey to rajahmundry from badrachalam through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism? Any launchi is available with all facilities in the month of february? How many days it would take to reach badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.
Please Tell me the Time , Process of booking a ticket from Rajahmundry to Badrachalam by Boat on Godavari River and also Please tell me the contact numbers to book the Tickets. Pls give reply to my personal mail id.

By srinivasrao on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 03:35 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

pls mention complete details along with fare charges.

By pavankumar on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 05:10 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

Thanking you
pavan kumar.

pavankisna@yahoo.com

By Anonymous on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 11:36 am: Edit Post

harsh_spider008@yahoo.co.in

Thanking you
harish

By Anonymous on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 07:25 am: Edit Post

Where can we see replies? only on seeing the replies we will not ask our doubts. We also need same information

By sushanth on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 04:49 am: Edit Post

Hi All,

from rjy to papikondalu ticket charges Normal :200 and a/c :400

In boat we have canteen tooo...
u will enjoy the whole journey ....with dance by the tourism team and some cultural programs conducted by the Tourism Team

By Gudla Jagadheswar Rao on Friday, October 02, 2009 - 03:43 am: Edit Post

I would like to visit Bhadrachalam from Cuttack(Orissa). Would you kindly guide me how to go directly by train if not what are the other alternatives to reach Bhadrachalam. Is there any facility to travel by boat from Rajamundry/Vijayawada, if available what are the timing and its fare.

Shall we get any accommodation at Bhadrachalam from Devasthanam accommodation at standard rate. What are the hotels available and its tariff may be informed.

Thank you,

GJRao

By Anonymous on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 03:08 am: Edit Post

Horrible experiance with Global Tourism Promotions service provider for us for trip from Rajahamundary to Bhadrachalam.

We were a group of 23 people which included 7 people who were above 60 yrs of age and 2 kids below 5 yrs. This trip was on Oct 2 2009.
I am giving all these details for you to understand the hardships which we faced during the trip.
The below mentioned are the details of the horrendous experience we had during the trip.

1. We were supposed to start the boat journey from Pattiseema boating point but were taken to a place called Purushottam Nagar which was further away from Pattiseema. There was not falut of us in the delay as were sharp by 8:00 am in railway station as they communicated to us. Due to this reason,by the time we got into the so called A/C cruise boat there were already about 50-60 people. We had no place to sit. After my father has shouted at them they arranged for some chairs. By the time we could get some place to seat we had already covered half an hour journey. We had blocked the tickets about a month back expecting that we could all enjoy the trip sitting together but all of us were scattered around the crumpled space in that boat.

2. The food provided was not so good and also since the space for having lunch on-board the boat was less,the people had to go in batches and by the time we could get a chance to have lunch most of the items were almost over.

3. As per the itenerary we were supposed to get into a non A/C boat from Perantalapalli. By the time we reached the place, we were asked to get into a boat which was already packed with about 18-20 people and we had place for only another 5-6 persons. When we demanded seats, the boat persons said we will have to travel on the roof(it was raining for most part of the journey until PerantalaPalli) and due to that reason we refused to get into the boat and asked for an alternative arrangement.
The A/C boat people arranged for another boat of some third party person which was ready to leave and we hurriedly shifted our luggage to the new boat due to which we did not have time to visit the temple in Perantalapalli.

The final and worst part of the trip occured at Pochavaram..

4. We were supposed to travel until SriRamaGiri as per the itenerary,but here also we were cheated and had to alight at Pochavaram. We were promised Tea/Snacks in the evening which did not materialise since we were travelling in a third part boat.

On reaching Pochavaram, the local cab drivers were waiting for us and immediately started abusing us for not taking the non A/C boat arranged by the travel agent. They also did not help us in shifting the luggage from the boat to the jeep and when we requested them to help they started to use foul language against my father-in-law(Vivina Murthy- known as Vivina in telugu literary world) and also agains KaliPatnam Rama Rao(another famous telugu writer and Sahitya Academy Award winner). They almost manhandled these people and also my mother-in-law which is extremely inhuman.
We had to shift all the luggage ourselves(had to climb a steep slope to get to the jeep with the old aged,kids and luggage).

PS: We also over heard a conversation between Mr.Prasad(local agent in Rajahmundry) on phone.The other person was saying since the bus which was taking us to PurushottamNagar had 30 people. He was doubtful whether they could be accomodated on the A/C boat for which Mr.Prasad replied- "do something and get them inside the boat and we can think about it later"
This shows that the boat was being loaded over its capacity.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 09:29 pm: Edit Post

I would like to know information about journey From bhadrachalam to rajahmundry through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. How many days it will take to reach badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.

send the details
to my Mail ID

By sabharivashan on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 05:37 am: Edit Post

Dear Sri/ Madam

pls mention complete details along with fare charges.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 01:36 pm: Edit Post

I want know is there any launchi facility from Rajamundary to Badrachalam via papi kondalu on 1st Nov 2010. retrns in one or two days.

pl give confirmation and give complete details of tour package including how to book the tickets with fair charges

By nagakumar on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 06:01 am: Edit Post

Hi, this is Nagakumar from Kakinada,could u give imformation regarding Papikondalu this Nov.2010 and also give me which expences for each persons with all charges.

By Shwetha Gurikar on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 02:05 pm: Edit Post

Hi I would like to know information about journey from rajahmundry to badrachalam through launchi on river godavari. Is there any tour package of ap tourism. Any launchi is available with all facilities. How many days it will take to reach Badrachalam from rajahmundry through launchi.

Thank you

By prasad.prasad on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 09:14 am: Edit Post

hi sir,
we want to travel from rajhamundry to badrachalam on launch journey,we want to journey for 2 days,and we want special room for us,please send ur phone number,we will contact through phone.
prasad

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Webmasters | Take Us! | e-mail Us | Site Map
© My-Telugu.Com